Monday, May 26, 2008

Ekspo Melaka 08

It's holiday~~

Most of my friends here have already gone back their hometowns respectively.

But for me, I choose to stay in Melaka because of the trip to Langakwi on 26th of May. We will depart from Melaka and directly go to Alor Setar. From there, we will take ferry to Langkawi.

These few days in Melaka, I am very bored, nothing to do......

So, I planned to do something or go somewhere. I remember back I saw some banners somewhere about some kind of fair that is going to be held in MITC around this period of time.
















[MITC - Melaka International Trade Centre]

Well, I checked the MITC's website. It's the Ekspo Melaka '08. This expo is from 24th of May until 1st of June 2008.

Without a second thought (as I was toooooooooo bored), I decided to go to the expo.

















[Opening ceremony of EKSPO MELAKA 08]


The expo is a consumer's fair. You can find about anything that you can think of there. From the food stuff, toys, electrical appliances, banking products, cars, furniture and even clothings...

















[The lady without hands writes better than me :( ]

Other than those businesses, I also found some charity business over there. They are not selling anything, but holding a box and ask you to donate. Well, it is good to help those who are in need, but think the other way, is it worth to open a booth there to ask for donations? As far as I know, the rental there is not cheap. Is it worth(profitable)? I don't know. Maybe those charity bodies got sponsors for the booths...

By the way, I also found something funny and new(to me lah~) in this expo.

1 - FREE credit card!!!

A guy (doesn't seem like from the bank, some kind of freelance agents I think) tried to promote RXB bank's credit card to me. He told me that this credit card is FREE!!! Free credit card?!?!

I was attracted. So far as I known, there is NO free credit cards in Malaysia. It's either you use until a certain amount then you can waive the annual fees or you pay the annual fees.

So, I asked more about this free card.

YQ : How to say it's free?

Promoter : When you use, you pay lor~ No use then you don't have to pay.

YQ : Really?!

Promoter : Ya.

YQ : What about the annual fees?

Promoter : It's free.

YQ : Really?! If I don't use the card and I don't need to pay the annual fees?

Promoter : Ya.

YQ : But your brochure says that I have to pay wo~~ (pointed at the brochure)

Promoter : ........... You can call to waive (the fees)...

YQ : ..........Huh~??

Promoter : You can call to waive...

YQ : .....................

Promoter : .....................

Well, he avoided my last statement and pretended to serve another customer.

It's illogical man~ Since it's free, why do I have to call to waive the fees? Maybe it is the new strategy by the bank. Anyway, something new to me, I'll find out later.

2 - "Upgrade" your English.

A young lady approached me and asked me if I wanna "upgrade" my English. Upgrade my English?? An evil thought suddenly came into my mind : I would like to "downgrade" , teach me how to downgrade please. (LOL) But, I kept this statement in my mind la~ It's not good to say out right?

Later then I realized I was in Worldwide Learning's booth. The young lady tried to promote me the BBC English programs.

Despite her hard work to pursuit me to take the test ( A kind of English level test, to find out which program that suits your English level), I rejected her.

I wanna tell her that I've taken the test before because I worked there 3 years ago!!! I have already known the answers (if it's the same set of question as 3 years ago la~) But I didn't tell her.... I just told her that "I go around 1st, later then come back" (but I didn't go back at all..haha)

3 - She-male show

The opening ceremony of the expo was on Sunday, the day i went.

It's officiated by Chief Minister of Melaka, Y.A.B. Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Mohd Rustam.

There was a "Thailand Paper doll show" after the opening ceremony. This show is held every day of the event.
















































[Performance by "paper doll"]

It's funny as it is my first time to watch a she-male show.

The show was a cultural dance show, with those dancers dressed in some traditional costumes (Malay, Indian, Korean....).

If the emcee didn't say, I wouldn't know they are she-males. Their looks and their body figures are really a woman-like.

4- Unexpected encounter

I went there alone, I did not expect to meet anyone I know there because most of them are in their hometowns now.

Still, I met my friends there.

The first I met was my course mate - Jade, she's promoting RoboMop for her sister.

















[Jade]

The second I met was my old neighbor - Alex Loh, he's promoting eTiQa Takaful.

















[Alex Loh and me]

Well, I left MITC at around 5pm without buying a thing.The things sold there is either too expensive (I want but I don't have Vitamin M) or not suitable for me. The overall impression of this event is very good.

4 comments:

StarGhazzer:太空人 said...

Qing you should tell the BBC English people that you worked there before mah, so that they will be shocked :D

Maybe employ you to teach part time in Melaka also...

Anyway I need vitamin M too.

Anonymous said...

lol,

better don la~~

i don really like tat job also~

hahaha

Anonymous said...

can u plz delete off my pic?? haha :p

Waterox said...

ur pic so nice...why delete neh~?