Monday, September 7, 2009

U p d a t e s

Long time didn't go online, finally with my multimedia gears, I am able to get connected.
















Connected to MSN, started chatting with some old friends...Usually our conversation starts like this...

Where are you now?
I am currently living in KL, Taman Seri Petaling, around 1.7km away from the Bukit Jalil LRT station.

What are you doing now?? Working ar~ or studying~?
Erm... (I don really know how to answer this Q la~~)
You can say so lar~~I am paid to study..haha, for the time being. :)

HUH??!! (confused)
I am now under a training programme by Bank Negara(BNM), it's called FSTEP, so, BNM pays me for studying. :)

WAH~~so good~so, you are now working under BNM?
No! I take part in the training programme, but not work for BNM.

















(more confused) Huh?! What is it about?
Erm...

Well, basically the programme is called Financial Sector Talent Enrichment Programme (FSTEP) , a programme under staff training fund of BNM, and it's managed by IBBM(Institut Bank-Bank Malaysia).

For more info, please go here~

















Haha, sorry la...sometimes I am lazy to explain...

Am I working or studying? I am not really sure about it.
















Or put it this way, I am taking a scholarship to study about banking and financial stuff, will it make the picture clearer? :)

What have I learnt so far? I have gone through an Intensive English Programme by them. They invited facilitators from British Councils to teach (facilitate??) us. It's a very unique learning experience I had. Their method of teaching is different from I had during my secondary and primary school times.

















The so intensive classes were only last for one month, now I'm learning about the banking stuff.

Very good experience also :)
Senior employees from different banks come and "facilitate" us, telling us about the real banking practices in Malaysia. I am able to know some interesting stories in the industry through them.

















Is it good to join? I got $$ for attending classes, and it comes with a guarantees package (bond) in which I will have adequate cash flow for the coming 22 months, what do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oic...now I know about u d...very clear brief about urself recently..
Recently got a lot of class where gv money for ppl to attend...I got another friend went to halal course...interesting~chinese went to halal course...lagi interesting~but promising also la..at least there are opportunity behind the courses...Im doing bad again...just resign and cant find any job yet for next month..zzzz
Hope u r doing fine there...

rgds,
SPW

Waterox said...

wow..tat's shock!

but don worry la..still got a lot of opportunity in the mkt now, u'll get one soon :)

Scream-Out-Loudz previously known as The-Backstage-of-Windy said...

hi...pei wen again..hahaha
dunno why recently im too free to visit friends' blog...and i realised that ur blog did not update for so long...and i was in ur old blog commenting somemore just now...end up realising this is the new one...sweat~
anyway, found a job d...but not too promising..haiz..keep hop from one and another...
i hope this would not influence my personal life where i change bf every now and then...hahahaha...jz kidding..hope u r fine..and keep in touch...

Waterox said...

haha...just finished my exam in FSTEP..

will update soon~~ :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, fstep just called me up for the interview session. Can u give me some advice on how to win the interview> I am graduate form bioscience background. I know nothing about the banking industry. What should I prepare before attend to the interview?

Waterox said...

Erm...your interview session is on Monday(11th)?

Well, basically you'll have one English test and one personality/characteristic test on that day.
Don't fail those 2 tests la~~

.. and prepare to answer some common questions..

Eg: What is the objective of FSTEP/ Out of all 4 streams, which one u prefer most? Why?

Maybe some current issues also..related to financial industries..

Eg: open banking licenses to foreign banks /CMP 2001 and FSMP 2001 ends this year..what are the impacts so far(your comment)..

The interview won't go too technical I think..so far as I know, none of my friends here got technical questions during their interview session...

Btw, could you pls tell me your name? Feel very weird ya..talking to "Anonymous"..haha

Good Luck in your interview :)