Friday, September 19, 2008

What is your value?

What is the value for an individual?

A banker told me - zero. An individual to bankers have zero value.

So, what is the value of the individual to the people around him?

Don't know. It can be very significant or totally zero.

The term 'value' that I am talking about has a very broad definition. It can be your abilities, skills, knowledge, relationships, monetary value, or anything else that you can think of that you have.

People form alliances/ task forces because one feels that the other individual has some values which helps. Try to think that, in a political party alliance, which consists of 3 parties, if one of the party has no MPs in the parliament, very few supporters/members, will the party be invited to the alliance? I don't think so. It must be some reason for one to be invited into the alliance. I am not saying who's making full use of the others, but for mutual benefits, they are together.

The same goes to the selecting and recruitment process. When a company thinks that you can benefit them from whichever ways, you'll get hired, otherwise, your job application will not be considered.

I have been through a lot of task forces since my freshman year in university. I always think that 'no one should bind to anyone/group'. When tasks were given out, different tasks group were formed. Maybe my thinking is different from others, I just cannot accept that the saying of 'XXX was dumped by YYY and co.' or 'WWW and co. left ZZZ behind and form a group by themselves' or 'I couldn't leave OOO alone because no one wants OOO' . I find it very difficult to accept those sayings.

From the relationship points of view, ya, those are correct. Without some kind of relationship to support, no one will say these.

For me, I think like this. Whenever I am not invited into a task group, I am lacking of 'values' that the group needs, or, my 'values' to the group is relatively smaller if compared to other potential group members.

Face the reality, if you cannot acquire the 'values' needed by the group, you won't be part of them. But if you have such 'values', people will come to you.

Don't blame anyone for 'dumping' you and you shall not feel ashamed for 'dumping' anyone. Tasks groups are formed for mutual benefits. Neither sorry nor swear words are needed.

Although I feel disappointed for not being chosen into a task group, but I am fine. I don' have the 'values' that the group needs, I think.

What is your value anyway?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

u have ur own value. Just some people don't appreciate the value u have within urself. Just like wat u said. "if you cannot acquire the 'values' needed by the group, you won't be part of them. But if you have such 'values', people will come to you"

People indeed are selfish. If u can't give them the value they want, they will think u will not giving them benefits. (Especially on ASSIGNMENTS)

Waterox said...

Thank you for the comment~~ :)

True. People are selfish, me too, especially when "MARKS" is the main concern. I know that people spend a lot of $$ here to 'buy' a degree.

Like my Management lecturer says, if you want to 'buy' a degree here, buy the best one,what for if you pay the same amount (of $) and get a lousy one?

I blame no one for dumping me and I feel no ashamed for dumping anyone.

Well, basically I only 'dump' slackers or "free-riders" , other than that, I dump no one...

BTW, may I know who you are? At least leave your initial here. :)

Anonymous said...

my initial?? dunwan lar~~ later kena belasah from others here... Think of the one who support ur ideas can already :)

Anonymous said...

btw, free raider? i HATE that kind of people. Think they could sogok others to do his/her part. I have a free raider in my group too. asking others to do later only belanja makan. How much u can belanja?? do like a cow and the benefit is to get a few dollar MEAL. NOT WORTH..

Waterox said...

LOL~~ur free rider still got belanja u makan~~

i met some free riders, not even say thank you...

they just write their name when forming groups...then gone disappear...

BTW, thanks for ur support anyway :)

Anonymous said...

U have ur own value
dun care wat ppl think of u...
most of the ppl will not appreaciate...

Waterox said...

eh~~another anonymous?

tks for ur comment anyway~ :)

can the anonymous leave some kind of symbol/nick name/initial when posting ur comment? So that I can know that whether the comment is came from same person or not :)

(e.g. from (~'@'~) or Stanley "Stan" Marsh or NYQ)

tq for the supports ya~~~ :D

Anonymous said...

im anonymous 1. the anonymous 2 is not me!!!! okie lar...i put my initial: Des

Waterox said...

Hihi Des~~~

:D

m@y3 g@L said...

Everyone got its own value! U've been writing down i think u had met sumting about that. Think it had let u grow up! Make u know in this world there a lot of different type of people and u will be seeing more in working life after ur Uni! All da best!

Anonymous said...

oh well, value is how u see things about yourself...be confident...ppl dun select us doesnt mean that we have no value...but as time goes by...the result still the same then we should sometimes evaluate ourselve la....

sometimes not only value...but a good rapport will somehow turn value into nothing...but yet still can let ppl do work for you without complaints....but of coz buying cheapo lunch wont help...or maybe abalone or shark fins or big sincere... the reaction will somehow different...sure will help the rich bastard to get into the group eventhough he is slacking all the way...

anyway...this is my view of point la......this is not the most I hate....I hate opportunist that always taking advantage from you without benefit...parasite...

thx for reading :)

written by,

su pei wen (if u still remember me la..)

Anonymous said...

thanks m@y3 g@L~~

sorry for taking so long time to reply u... i am out of connection since i went to KL......

ya, it's true...it's smth that i had gone through..now, i am alrite with that d :)


*********************************

pei wen, of coz i remember u~~
how's ur life ya?

indeed, when writing this blog, i had vy weird feeling, feeling of betrayal maybe....

but i am all ok now.... without the 'usual' groupmates, i'm still able to get A+ for that subject ...Gya hahahahahah~~~


********************************

Anonymous said...

working life lo....
sienzzzz...never been better
Now doing sales in medical....hahaha...since we got so many doctors wanna-be...maybe im just getting my advantage to get used to medical industry...hahahaha...
from
pei wen

Anonymous said...

wow~~nice..got job d~~~

me still jobless >.<